Saturday, March 15, 2008

Am Twenty Five

Exactly 25 years ago, for the very first time, I breathed the free air. I smelled my mom’s perfume. I saw my dad’s smiling face. To tell you the truth I can hardly remember those moments. But I knew I was born because of love. My parents’ and God’s love.

Being twenties wasn’t easy. And I don’t think it is easy to be in any age. Each age has its own difficulties. But that is the challenge. Each year, my wisdom races with my age to win. I don’t wanna get older without getting any wiser.

Anger was one of my problems at 20s. I got furious a lot. I couldn’t control my emotion. I sensed way too much. My ego climbed to the highest. When anything came wrong, I got mad. I knew there was something wrong with me. Sometimes I felt only emptiness. I searched for answers. But the more I tried, the angrier I would be.

Then I realized I lived in my dreams. I learned I should be thankful because of life I had. Should I accept anything comes, I could take the easier way to face each and every problem. This was the time when I got skeptical. Even more, day by day. My hope flew away. My dreams left me. I just accepted life and my spirit had gone. Then I judged people. When people get sad or upset because their hopes were broken, I cursed them how not grateful they were.

Time went on and I learned. Life didn’t have to be easy. But it doesn’t mean I may not have dreams to reach. And for now, I’ll try to be simpler. I’m facing life with smile meanwhile I let my dreams reach its high expectation. When troubles come, I still feel them, sense them but I won’t let them consume my emotion. I still get furious, but controlling it becomes easier these days. I’m grateful and thankful.

Today, after these years, I have grown to a man. I have learned so much about this life, I have studied many subjects at school, college and works, I have been taught to be a better person each and every day in my life. But as long as my heart beats, I won’t stop growing, I won’t stop learning, I won’t stop studying, I won’t stop being taught.

This day is a start, a new era of my life. Not a new me, but a grown-up me, a me who will always grow. With prayers, I step to life ahead. I woud not rather say it, but I may need it, wish me luck. And if you don’t mind, don’t wish me Happy Birthday, wish me Happy Days instead. Thank you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Day Kakakku, ai lop yu.

1 kiss 4 u. muaaaaaaaah

Anonymous said...

Bagus banget kata2nya ...
Happy Day ya Hans,salam dari jauh.

Pitshu said...

Yakin umur lo segitu ? lo tilep berapa angka tuh ! hehehehe ^^

Jed Revolutia said...

selamat ulang tahun....

Anonymous said...

Happy Days :)

hans hans.. lagi ngepost or berpuisi? huhahaha.. ampon DJ :)

plan setlah 25 apa ne? g baru 21 --' masih jauh banget

Anonymous said...

@mia : thanks sist, luv ya tu

@judith : thank you aunt Judith, for the compliment and the wishing... thanks a lot.

@pitshu : wadaw.... ga banyak kok pitsh, cuma 30. loh???

@jed : Thanks yah Jed... pake dimasukin forum pula... jadi terharu dan malu *tersipu2...

@sphryna : ha3. mank kayak puisi ya? *inget2
Plan? Doh, itu jeleknya g, ga penah bikin plan... wakakaak... *tabok diri sendiri..
Nikmatin aja masa muda lo... *kesannya g uda tua banget...

Anonymous said...

Happy daays HANS!! *baru sempet blogwalking nii.. hm..being skeptic and simple..
how about being optimist and simple? *nawar :P
i wish all the best for you dee hans!! jadi tua itu keharusan, jadi dewasa adalah sebuah pilihan *ciee... :D welcome to my world hans! *apa sii..hihi..q kan juga 25 kekekek..

Anonymous said...

happy birthday yaaak..maap telatt :) baru ngeblog lage nih.. :)

Anonymous said...

@elmo : wah... akhirnya ngaku juga... Thanks ya..

@fun : Thanks ya... Gpp lah... :P